Hi, my name is Pat Kane. I am a sustainability advocate and strategist, a speaker and a writer and the founder of reuzi, Ireland's one-stop shop for sustainably made, reusable goods and an educational hub on all things sustainable living.
After becoming a mom for the first time, I started to notice the amount of rubbish we were going through every day rising at an alarming rate – from plastic wraps and bottles, to random boxes and let’s not forget about the hundreds of nappies!
I started to think: “If just 2 adults and a tiny little baby can generate so much waste, imagine an office or a school?”... proper disaster, right? 100% right!
My initial reaction was to educate myself and my family on recycling and composting – two powerful initiatives that seemed to be, in theory, quick wins.
After just a few months, I realised that recycling and composting were not the solution – we needed to address the thoughtless consumption of single-use, disposable materials that we were bringing into our home every weekend, after our weekly visit to the shops. And so, we did it.
Today, I can say that we are a family that watches its consumption and tries really, really hard to avoid unnecessary waste.
Based on my personal journey, my family guiding principles and a need to find sustainable living essentials all in one place, I decided to create reuzi.
Our business aim is to inform, inspire and connect people through offering a strong marketplace of products and a powerful educational hub on all things sustainable living.
These are the fundamental guiding principles that lead us on our quest for a greener world:
- We believe in community - we are customer obsessed and planet-focused. We cherish our connections and we are committed to nourishing them and giving back in a meaningful, lasting way.
- We believe in empowerment - we provide fuss-free education. We engage on fun and judgment-free interactions.
- We believe in equality & fairness - our motto is 'when we thrive our planet thrives'.
- We believe in the #ThePowerofOne - we can all contribute to our planet, no matter how big or small of a contribution that is.
- We believe in integrity - we feel all businesses have a duty to treat their staff, customers and our suppliers in a fair, respectful and compassionate manner.
With love and respect, Pat Kane
Mums & Tots Magazine Awards
– Winner of Top Story 2019
JCI Friendly Business Awards
– Highly Commended for Eco-Friendliness and Digital Experience 2019
DLR Chamber Business Awards
– Winner of Best Start Up 2019
Sunday Independent & Gala Retail Inspiration Awards 2019
– Highly Commended for Environmental Change
Eco-Friendly Business of the Year 2020
– Republic of Ireland Prestige Awards
Eco-Friendly Irish Retailer of the Year 2021
– Irish Enterprise Awards 2021, Double Badge
Mums & Tots Magazine Awards
– Winner of Top Mum in Business 2021
Sustainable Business of the Year
– Digital Business Ireland-permanent tsb National Digital Awards 2021
The Sustainability Award
- The eir VIP Publishing Power of Women Award 2022
A little bit about Pat...
Read more about reuzi in our Press & Partnerships page
Read about Our Services