Hi, I'm Pat Kane, founder of reuzi
After becoming a mom for the first time, I started to notice the amount of rubbish we were going through every day rising at an alarming rate – from plastic wraps and bottles, to random boxes and let’s not forget about the hundreds of nappies!
I started to think: “If just 2 adults and a tiny little baby can generate so much waste, imagine an office or a school?”, proper disaster, right? Right!
My initial reaction was to educate myself on recycling and composting – two powerful initiatives that seemed to be, in theory, quick wins.
After just a few months, I realised that recycling and composting were not the only answers – we needed to address the thoughtless consumption of plastic bottles, shampoo bottles and all single-use, disposable material that we were bringing into our home every weekend, after our weekly visit to the shops. And so, we did it.
Today, I can say that we are a family that watches its consumption and tries really, really hard to avoid unnecessary waste. Our end goal is to replace everything that won’t be recycled or composted for reusable alternatives.
Based on my personal journey and my family guiding principles, I decided to create reuzi.
Our business aim is to inform, inspire and connect people through offering a strong marketplace of products and a powerful educational hub on all things sustainable living.
These are the fundamental guiding principles that lead us on our quest for a greener world:
- We believe in community - we are customer obsessed and planet-focused. We cherish our connections and we are committed to nourishing them and giving back in a meaningful, lasting way.
- We believe in empowerment - we provide fuss-free education. We engage on fun and judgment-free interactions.
- We believe in equality & fairness - our motto is 'when we thrive our planet thrives'.
- We believe in the #ThePowerofOne - we can all contribute to our planet, no matter how big or small of a contribution that is.
- We believe in integrity - we feel all businesses have a duty to treat their staff, customers and our suppliers in a fair, respectful and compassionate manner.
With love and respect, Pat Kane
Pat Kane was born and raised in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, surrounded by the sun and the ocean. Her background is in business having worked with several multinationals in a bunch of different countries over the past 18 years. Living in Dublin with her husband and - now! - two boys, Pat believes that being happy involves being healthy (body & mind!) and wholeheartedly embracing the world we all share... and having a great time while doing it!
Read more about reuzi in our Press & Partnerships page
Read about Our Services