And just like that... reuzi turns 4!
We launched four years ago today, and while we are so proud of how far our team has come, we are even prouder of the positive impact we have made together with you, our beloved community.
Back in 2018, reuzi began with a 'homemade' website offering a limited range of 20-30 eco-products with a goal of making Ireland less wasteful + more conscious, one sustainable swap at a time...
From day one, we have sought to prove that it IS possible to build businesses based on strong ethics + values, empower positive change through consumer demand, successfully challenge the status quo in a non-aggressive, non-gloom+doom way, and grow a business while meeting environmental and social needs.
Only in the past year, we have...
- Survived a few lockdowns!
- Operated fully online, then went back operating IRL only to decide to say g'bye to our 1st shop after a few months...
- Engaged with countless communities and businesses representing the world of sustainable living at speaking engagements, lunch & learn sessions and events of all kinds
- Featured on a series of articles - online + printed media too!
- Launched our first ever concession at Joyce's Supermarket in Galway
- Launched brilliant pop-ups in partnership with Ireland's #1 retail group - hello, Brown Thomas Dundrum and Arnotts!
- Welcomed over 40 new brands to our family - 93% of those were Irish!
- Launched our own range of sustainable apparel with Zizo.ie, a beautiful ceramic coffee mug with Grounded Pottery and lastly but certainly not least, our own range of bars!
- Joined countless markets and fairs across the country
- Attended a few protests - always with my two little men by my side!
- Won a handful of pretty incredible awards... oh yes, we did!
...And that's only a small summary!
So today we want to say a BIG thanks to each and every single member of our community, whether you’ve been here for 4 years or 4 days, for making our planet a better one!
Stay motivated, keep focusing on making positive change, keep asking your community, lawmakers and businesses to show up for our planet, and know that we will be right here with and for you.
One big hug,
Pat & the reuzi team
Leave a comment