Saving the planet? That's far too ambitious, isn't it? Well, we don't think so…
We have listed small but mighty ways to help you reduce your impact on the planet.
- Shop #zerowaste | Avoiding plastic is a brilliant way to save the planet. There are now eco stores popping up all over Ireland! If you don’t have one nearby, then there are all plenty of online stores you can use as well (oh hi! 😉)
- Eat Well | Enjoy local + seasonal produce, eating is a sensorial experience that connects us with nature and the land we love. Need tips? @spacey_chef @drums_kitchen and @conscious_kitchens can help!
- Plastic Audit | This is how my family and I started our journey! Giving your home a little eco overhaul is a simple trick that the environment will thank you for. Could you start by swapping just one item for a plastic-free alternative?
- Avoid Food Waste | If food waste were to be a country, it would be the 3rd largest source of greenhouse gas emissions, after the USA and China? This is why not over-buying or throwing out leftovers is one of the easiest and most impactful ways you can save the planet this year. Check @toogoodtogo.ie for ideas!
- Support Local | Local makers and creatives are often sustainable by virtue of using local materials. This helps the planet by reducing air miles and supporting planet friendly practices like upcycling…
- Litter Picking For The Win | @flossieandthebeachcleaners often organise beach cleans. Or you could undertake your own #2minutebeachclean and tag the photos!
- Long Lasting | Do wonders for the world, not to mention your bank balance, by investing in a few good quality reusable essentials that will substitute single-use everyday items you use.
- Do + Look Good | Shop vintage and 2nd hand at pop up second shops and charity shops to reselling websites – oh @studiominti 😍 You can even rent clothes with these new circular fashion models, right @designerroom.ie ?
Now it’s your turn, tell us how are you saving the planet!