Petrol-Free Firelighters - 28 per packRegular price €3.00 Sale price €2.45 Save €0.55
If You Care 100% Biomass Firelighters contain two ingredients only: FSC wood and non-GMO vegetable oil. Simple as that. Use these environmentally friendly fire starting cubes for fireplaces, BBQ grills, wood burning stoves/ovens and campfires/outdoor fire pits.
Our firelighters are:
- Extremely stable, have a long shelf life, do not lose firepower or dry out when left open
- Not oily or greasy
- Have no unpleasant smells
- Non explosive and non toxic, and can be stored safely near or with food.
- Harmless when in contact with plants, vegetation or aquatic organisms.
No Petroleum Products
Some firelighters contain kerosene and /or paraffin or paraffin wax, all derived from petroleum, and therefore based on fossil fuels. With the combustion of some firelighters, formaldehyde- a substance which has been classified as a human carcinogen by the International Agency for Research on Cancer (IARC) and as a probable human carcinogen by the U.S Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) – may be released. If You Care 100% Biomass Firelighters are 100% from renewable resources and are non-toxic.
Carbon Neutral Emissions
Because If You Care Firelighters are made 100% from biomass- wood and vegetable oil- the emission resulting from their combustion are considered carbon neutral. This is due to the fact that the CO2 emitted from the combustion of biomass is offset by reduction of CO2 in the atmosphere as a result of new biomass growth. This is in accordance with guidelines by the EPA as well as the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC). The same cannot be said for firelighters using petroleum products, such as kerosene, paraffin wax or slack wax.
If You Care 100% Biomass Firelighters come in 2 sizes – 72ct bag and 28ct tablet.
HOW TO USE
If You Care Firelighters are quick and easy to use, just follow these simple steps:
- Open Bag.
- Place 3-4 If You Care Firelighters under wood or on top of charcoal.
- Light each Firelighter on the fractured side of the cube. Cube burns for 8-10 minutes with the first 5 minutes producing the strongest flame.